Robin Cruise's Excellent New Adventure
Having lunch with friends is one of my favorite activities, and when they are writer friends . . . well, that’s just a real treat. Yesterday I met with five writer friends including the talented (and kind) Robin Cruise. ONLY YOU is one of her picture books and I had the joy of taking Robin to Lilac School when the book was fresh off the press.
Here’s a little about ONLY YOU:
* A Children’s Book-of-the-Month Club Main Selection
* Society of Illustrators Annual Exhibition, October 2007; New York, New York
* Highly Commended, Charlotte Zolotow Award
* A Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book
* ”This parent-child love poem reaches out and cuddles its dual audience close. The simple verse celebrates the small, everyday ways small children endear themselves to their parents . . . As a statement of childhood’s most unalienable right, it doesn’t come any clearer." —Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
You can learn more about Robin and her work at www.robincruise.com.
Robin is moving to Washington. We’ll miss her, but look forward to hearing about her new work in the future!